TOP 3 Free and Paid Christmas Activities in Vancouver
Top 3 PAID Activities To Do In Vancouver
1. Vancouver Christmas Market
Get into the Christmas spirit with our toe-tapping holiday entertainment! Performing from the Flying Stage on the second storey of the Christmas Pyramid, our performers will have you singing along and reminiscing about Christmases long, long ago.
Weekdays: 4:30pm to 9:30pm
Weekends: 12:00pm to 9:30pm
2. The Robson Square Ice Rink
This winter, renew a classic Vancouver tradition and enjoy some old-fashioned fun. Robson Square’s outdoor skating rink is open, so celebrate winter in style with skating in the heart of downtown Vancouver. It’s a magical place to enjoy the winter season with your friends, family and loved ones.
Hours of Operation:
- Sunday to Thursday: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM*
- Friday and Saturday: 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM*
- Christmas Eve (December 24th): 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Christmas Day (December 25th): 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Boxing Day (December 26th): 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- New Year’s Eve (December 31st): 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- New Year’s Day (January 1st): 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
3. VanDusen Festival of Lights
Festival of Lights tickets make a great stocking-stuffer for friends, family, co-workers, and clients.
Hours of Operation:
- November 30 to December 24: 4pm – 9:30pm
- December 25: Closed
- December 26 to January 5: 4pm – 9:30pm
Top 3 FREE Activities To Do In Vancouver
1. Lights at Lafarge
Get into the holiday spirit with family and friends! The FREE kick-off event will include live entertainment and dazzling light displays that encircle the 1.2 km loop around Lafarge Lake.
Date: Saturday Nov 30, 2019
Time: 6 – 8 pm
Where: Lafarge Lake, Town Centre Park
2. The Vancouver Santa Clause Parade
Come see Santa Clause!
Date: Sunday December 1, 2019
Where: Vancouver, BC
3. CandyTown – A Yaletown Holiday Festival
Downtown Vancouver’s only free winter festival will transform Mainland Street into a winter wonderland. Lights and candy canes will adorn lamp poles and costumed characters will parade down the street. Holiday shoppers are invited to start their seasonal gift buying in Yaletown with local merchants as well as a specialty market carrying unique gifts and holiday treats. You’ll also find Mainland Street filled with local artisans, street performers and live music.
Date: Saturday Nov 30
Time: 12:00pm – 7:00pm
Where: Yaletown Vancouver, BC